Monday Night Forecast: Scattered storms Tuesday & very humid, severe weather threat Wednesday

Weather Forecasts

East Texas Storm Team Forecast: 5-6-19

OVERNIGHT: Partly to mostly cloudy. A 20% chance of some light rain in southern areas. Low: middle 60s. Winds: SSE 10 mph.

TUESDAY: Partly to mostly cloudy skies. A 40% chance of scattered afternoon t-storms in our area, 60% in Deep East Texas. Brief heavy rain, lightning, and gusty winds the main threats. Highs: upper 70s to lower 80s. Winds: SSE 10-15 mph.

WEDNESDAY IS A KETK & FOX51 SEVERE WEATHER ALERT DAY.

WEDNESDAY: Strong to severe storms are possible, chances of storms at 70%. Storm chances are the best across central and northern areas. Timing of storms to begin after daybreak, with coverage going up toward the afternoon. Storm threats: damaging wind gusts, a few tornadoes, and heavy rain. Low: 68. High: 80. Winds: South 15-20 mph.

THURSDAY: Mostly cloudy with a 60% chance of t-storms as a cold front moves in. Some storms could be strong to severe. Low: 68. High: 79. Winds: Southwest then becoming Northwest 10-15 mph.

FRIDAY: Showers and some storms remain possible, chances at 40%. Cooler and mainly cloudy. Lows: 56-60. Highs: 67-70. Winds: Northeast 10 mph.

SATURDAY: Mostly cloudy and a few showers. A 40% chance of showers. Low: 59. High: 75. Winds: East 5-10 mph.

SUNDAY (Mother’s Day): Mostly cloudy with a 20% chance for showers. Low 62. High 76. Winds: Northeast 10 mph.

MONDAY: Partly to mostly cloudy with a 20% chance of showers. Low: 63. High: 76. Winds: East 10 mph.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Right Now

KETK Summer Splash Giveaway Sponsored by: RV Station

Community Calendar

KETK Twitter & Facebook