Upshur County weather balloon catches on fire after crash

Top Stories
1280x720_81105B00-RHAOS_1546723288797.jpg

A weather balloon caught on fire Saturday after it crashed in Upshur County. 

According to Upshur County Fire Department, the crash happened West of Gilmer near Lookout Lane. 

Gilmer Fire Department and Upshur County Sheriff’s Office responded to the scene and found inflamed lithium batteries inside of the balloon. The Upshur County FD say the flames started because of the batteries. 

The owner of the balloon have not been identified and there are no reports of injuries. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Right Now

Community Calendar

Don't Miss

KETK Twitter & Facebook