RUSK COUNTY, Texas (KETK) – The Texas Department State Health Service reported the first coronavirus case in Rusk County on Monday.
The case is travel-based and the person has been isolated at home.
Rusk County has given the following suggestions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay home when you are sick and avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Limit gatherings to less than 50 people, or less than 10 if possible
The Sheriff’s office is also taking their inmates safety into account. “The county jail has stopped visitation, temporarily suspended visitation for the time being. To try to help out, bringing folks in from the outside world so we don’t get it spread to pour inmate population, cause again , they’re health and safety is our concern as well.” Said Deputy Patrick Dooley.
Deputy Dooley encourages people to call the Texas Department of Health Services for more information. Their number is (888) 963-7111.