Marshall Junior High briefly evacuated for natural gas odor

Top Stories

MARSHALL, Texas (KETK) – Marshall Junior High School was briefly evacuated Tuesday afternoon for about 15 minutes after a strong odor believed to be natural gas was indicated in a sixth-grade classroom.

Marshall ISD maintenance technicians called to the school discovered the source and determined the building was safe, according to a MISD Facebook post.

Students and personnel have been allowed back inside and normal schedules have resumed.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Right Now

Don't Miss

KETK Twitter & Facebook

Community Calendar