TYLER, Texas (KETK) – Smith County officials held a virtual town hall meeting to discuss mental health issues in the criminal justice system.
Representatives from the criminal justice and mental health systems in Smith County discussed procedures in place now to help persons with mental illnesses survive in and navigate the criminal justice system and offered advice on resources to family members.
- Smith County Commissioner JoAnn Hampton
- Smith County Sheriff’s Office Chief John Shoemaker
- Pre-Trial Release Director Gary Pinkerton
- Assistant District Attorney Thomas Wilson
- Andrews Center Chief Executive Officer Waymon Stewart
Anyone who is in need of mental health support or services is urged to call 211, a statewide resource line, or the Andrews Center 24/7 crisis hotline at 877-934-2131 for local support and services.