Glass Recreation Center is offering a wide variety of fun things to do in February.
- Kids Aspiring to Dream: A free talent workshop for aspiring kids, nine years old and up, are invited to attend a talent workshop on Saturday, Feb. 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Kids who want to improve their talent in art, poetry, music and acting are welcome. Workshop will focus on improving art and acting techniques, musical vocal training and social team interactions.
- Fit Camp: Want to keep those New Year resolutions? Fit Camp classes begin Monday, Feb. 4 from 5:30 to 6:15 p.m. Classes will be held on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Cost is $60 per month.
- Fencing: Join the Glass Recreation Center’s Fencing Club. Classes will start on Wednesday, Feb. 5 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Fee for this class is $40 per month or $10 per session. All equipment is provided. Adults and kids are welcome.
- Dances: The annual Mother/Son dance and Daddy/Daughter dances.
- Friday, Feb. 8, the Mother/Son dance will be from 7 to 8:30 p.m. for boys ages 4 to 13 years old.
- Saturday, Feb. 9, the Daddy/Daughter dances will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m. for girls ages 4 to 8 years old and from 8 to 9:30 p.m. for girls ages 9 to 13 years old.
- DJ, refreshments and dancing. The attire for the dance is semi-formal. Tickets may be purchased in advance at the Glass Recreation Center for $9 per attendee or $10 per attendee at the door on the day of the dance, if not sold out. Limited VIP tickets will be available for $20 each. Only 300 tickets are available for each dance.
- Painting: Tyler Parks and Recreation will host a painting party for couples on Sunday, Feb. 10 from 3 to 5 p.m. Couples can join Instructor Aida Garza to create their own masterpiece. The registration fee is $45 and it includes instructions, a canvas and supplies. Space is limited. Wine and punch will be served.
- Basketball: Join the Rose Wood Men’s Basketball League. Registration is now open and runs through Feb. 13. There is a $250 fee per team. Each team must have their own uniforms.
- Volleyball: Get a team and join the Tyler Parks and Recreation Spring volleyball league. Registration will be open until, Monday, March 4. Volleyball divisions offered are Co-Ed open and Women’s Open. League begins Tuesday, March 19 through Thursday, May 9. Cost per team is $175 and $25 extra for open practices. An organizational meeting will be held Thursday, March 7 at 6 p.m.
For more information about any of these events, please visit the Tyler Parks and Recreation Department’s website at www.TylerParksandRec.com or call the Glass Recreation Center at (903) 595-7271. The Glass Recreation Center is located at 502 W. 32nd St.