HOPKINS COUNTY, Texas (KETK) Another case of COVID-19 has been confirmed in East Texas.
Hopkins County Emergency Management confirmed the case on their Facebook page.
The case has now been turned over to the Texas Department of State Health Services.
No information has been given about the patient that tested positive.
EAST TEXAS CASES
The other cases in East Texas have been reported in the following counties: Smith, Gregg, Cass, Bowie, Van Zandt, Morris, and Rusk.
Reeder has asked the public to do the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home as much as possible, especially if you are sick, older, and/or have a medical condition.
- If you are sick, stay home except to access medical care. If you are able to take care of yourself, stay home. If you need to see your doctor, call ahead.
- Avoid gatherings of more than 10 people and non-essential trips into the public.
- Cancel events of more than 10 people.
- Limit close contact (at least six feet) with other people. Employers should allow alternative work options as much as possible.