DAPHNE, Ala. (WKRG) – A surprise on a farm in Baldwin County Monday morning for a woman celebrating her 79th birthday this month.
“That’s good dirt. I’m walking in this good soil and I haven’t done it in years and it is good soil,” said Myrtice Sparks.
This year she wanted to walk on a farm barefoot, something she hasn’t done since she was a child.
“I’d pick cotton all day long, all day long. Pick a sack full and take it to the scales. That was a lot of work,” she says.
In October of 2018, she was in Thomas Hospital. Her family says they were preparing for the worst.
By November was the first time we planned her funeral and in December we planned it again. We thought that was it. This year we wanted to make things happen that you don’t want her to miss out on,” says her daughter.
Thanks to Sirmon Farms in Daphne, Myrtice was able to relive some of her childhood memories for her birthday.
- Rusk man killed in motorcycle wreck after swerving to avoid deer
- Lindale man charged with sexual assault of a child
- Deadline nears: How to submit your claim in Apple’s $500M iPhone slowdown settlement
- Mission Partner Services: Suicide Prevention & Awareness
- Children’s Advocacy Center of Smith County: Bids for Kids fundraiser drawing for the winner of the Louis Vuitton Alma PM handbag