A woman was flown to Dallas Wednesday afternoon when she was shocked by a power line.
The incident occurred in the vicinity of a blown transformer near the intersection of County Road 1131 and County Road 1130.
According to county officials, they received a report of a grass fire around noon at County Road 1131 and County Road 1130.
Smith County Fire Marshal Connie McCoy-Wasson said heavy winds knocked limbs out of tree and into power lines below. A live wire then fell to the ground and sparked a fire.
An 86-year-old woman did not realize a live wire was on the ground and began trying to stomp out the flames. During this time, she stopped on the power line and was shocked. Thirty percent of her body was burned.
The woman has not been identified and her current condition is unknown.
KETK will bring you more information as it becomes available.