Longview ISD has announced new dates for in-person graduation ceremonies. The district stated that if students already recieved their diploma from May 12 through May 15, they cannot qualify for the in-person ceremony.
Each graduate will receive 10 tickets to abide by social distancing guidelines.
1st Graduation Ceremony
Monday, June 1 at 7:30 p.m. at Lobo Stadium. This ceremony will be held for IB students, top 10% and those with last name A-H.
2nd Graduation Ceremony
Tuesday, June 2 at 7:30 p.m. at Lobo Stadium. This ceremony will be held for Associate Degree students, early college students, and those will last name I-Z.
LONGVIEW, Texas (KETK) – Longview ISD announced its 2020 graduation plans for seniors.
The current health crisis does mean, however, that this year’s graduation celebration and ceremonies will be unique. We want you to know how deeply the loss of the events and celebrations that normally accompany a student’s senior year is felt. Nevertheless, we are committed to honoring and celebrating you with your families.Longview ISD
PLAN A: Individual Ceremonies
Beginning May 12 through May 15, students and parents are invited to attend an individual graduation ceremony. The event will be filmed and combined with other invidual commencements for students to keep.
- The ceremony will take place at the LOBO stadium or in the LOBO breezeway if it rains
- They will take place between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Students should wear cap and gown
- Social distancing will be enforced. Only family members will be allowed
- All students should RSVP to (903)663-1301 to schedule a time and day for their ceremony
- The schedule will be as followed
- Tuesday, May 12 (A – Gay)
- Wednesday, May 13 (George – Mathis)
- Thursday, May 14 (Maturino – Still)
- Friday, May 15 (Stone – Zarate-Lopez)
PLAN B: Formal Graduation Ceremonies
Seniors may participate in a graduation ceremony held at Lobo Field on Friday, May 29. There will be multiple ceremonies so that social distancing can be maintained. More information will be available on Friday, May 15.
For more information, you can follow the Longview ISD Facebook page.