Do you plan to travel for the holiday? You may give commuting to Dallas airports a second thought, according to a new Nerd Wallet study.
The study identified the 50 busiest airports and then ranked them using a specific methodology. Six Texas airports were on the list and some did not fare well.
Honolulu International came in at the top overall spot followed by Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International. Coming in dead last was Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
San Antonio International performed the best in Texas, checking at number 11.
Here is the top 10, followed by all Texas airport:
1. Honolulu International
2. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International
3. Phoenix Sky Harbor International
4. Seattle-Tacoma International
5. Miami International
6. Tampa International
7. Portland International
8. Louis Armstrong New Orleans International
9. Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International
10. Logan International, Boston
11. San Antonio International
26. William P. Hobby, Houston
33. Houston George Bush Intercontinental, Houston
40. Austin-Bergstrom International
41. Dallas Love Field
50. Dallas/Fort Worth International
Other data of note:
– DFW had the high percentage of canceled flights by far at 4.02 percent.
– Hobby had the highest percentage of flights delayed by 30 minutes or more at 16.9 percent.
Nerd Wallet determined their rankings through measurements of delayed flights, canceled flights, restaurant quality and credit cards.