BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Latest on the kidnapping of 3-year-old Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney (all times local):
BPD: “CUPCAKE STILL MISSING”
Birmingham Police says that Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney has not been found, despite direct confirmation from the Jefferson County Sheriff that she has.
Jefferson County Sheriff Mark Pettway says Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney has been found alive and is currently being checked by medical personnel.
“CUPCAKE” POSSIBLY FOUND ALIVE
Family members tell CBS 42 Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney has been found alive. This information remains unconfirmed by law enforcement officials.
HEAVY POLICE PRESENCE AT JEFFERSON AVENUE
Birmingham Police have formed a large perimeter, cordoning off apartments in the 2700 block of Jefferson. Police sources tell CBS 42 they are following a tip from a bounty hunter on the abduction of 3-year-old Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney, who was last seen at a birthday party in Birmingham Saturday night.
We are live with this special report:
CBS 42’s Michael Clark and Jessalyn Adams are on the scene, where Jefferson County’s Star 1 helicopter is aiding in the search. Members of Kamille’s family, including her parents and grandparents, are on the scene. A crowd has gathered outside of the police perimeter.
Tuesday, two persons of interest in the investigation were arrested on unrelated charges, one of whom is tied to a kidnapping case from 2018. Monday, an Amber Alert for Kamille was expanded from Alabama into surrounding states as the search intensified.
We are working to gather more information at this time. Check back for updates.
- Birmingham PD: Body of Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney believed to have been found in dumpster
- New video shows Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney, man moments before kidnapping
- No arrest 5 days after Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney’s kidnapping
- Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney still missing, Birmingham police confirm
- Amber Alert expanded for abducted Alabama 3-year-old; 2 in custody
- ‘If anybody sees ‘Cupcake,’ just call her by her name’: 3-year-old girl kidnapped
- Father of kidnapped 3-year-old says he’ll do anything to get her back